General application pressure vessels
Delivery Programme :
- Expansion vessels
- Steam accumulators
- Fuel tanks
- Fire fighting tanks
- Water softener tanks
- Storage and Process vessels
Pressure Vessels are constructed and tested in accordance with the Directive 97/23/CE relative to the pressure equipment (PED)
When the water temperature in a closed heating circuit exceeds 100 °C, conventional expansion vessels with membrane cannot be used.
An industrial type expansion vessel will then accommodate the expansion of the system water during the heating cycles. The expansion vessel uses compressed air to maintain system pressures and a system of probes retains the water level inside the tank.
Widely applied in industries with superheated water heating circuits (water temperature around 150 °C).
The purpose of a steam accumulator is to release steam when the demand is greater than the boilers ability to supply at that time.
It is an insulated steel pressure tank containing water and steam under pressure. The tank is about half-filled with cold water and steam is blown in from a steam-boiler via a perforated pipe near the bottom of the vessel.
Used as a type of energy storage device in factories where usually peak steam-demands appear.
Fuel tanks for oil, heavy oil and gas usually accompany the steam boilers and the hot water boilers of our customers.
Especial, when heavy oil is used as a fuel then a sequence of three tanks is provided:
- The first tank is the storage tank, always equipped with a steam coil together with all necessary armature for steam and condensate and a heating resistance.
- The second tank is the daily consume tank also equipped with a steam coil together with all necessary armature for steam and condensate and a heating resistance.
- The third tank is the oil preheater before the burner. It can be heated either by heating resistances or with a combination of low pressure steam and heating resistances.
Fire fighting tanks
Fire fighting tanks are used almost everywhere in order to prevent fire appearance.
Fire fighting tanks are manufactured either horizontal or vertical and coloured with fire static paintings
Water softener tanks
Pressure vessels for water softening systems are usually used in the textile industry.
They are vessels with flat discs inside full of filters. Usually they are equipped with three large inspection openings and may be coloured or rubbered after construction.
Storage and Process vessels
Many other types of vessels are used in Industry except from all the above categories.
Vessels for polyether and T.D.I storage are used in sponge industry or double-wall tanks for heating and retaining temperature in food industry.
ARTEMIS can design and manufacture almost every type of vessel required, in order to satisfy the customer’s needs.
If asked we can select and advise the correct positions and sizes of pipe connections
The vessels can be supplied with or without armature. When armature is wanted then we use equipment supplied from the most famous factories of the world.
- Polyether and T.D.I storage tanks
- Fire fighting tank for an aluminium export plant.
- Industrial water softener
- Water storage tank 30.000 lt, in high pressure.
- Water pressure tank
- Light oil storage tank.
- Heavy oil storage tanks with heat exchangers.
- Oil preheater module with a steam jacket and heat resistances.
- Steam accumulator 10.000 lt under construction.
- Industrial expansion vessel with water-air for high temperature of 150 C.