HOT WATER BOILERS WITH AN INTEGRATED DHW TANK – Series ARTO HN
Capacity range : 50.000 to 500.000 kcal/h
It’s a floor standing water boiler where a compatible burner is adapted to a steel made combustion chamber. Flue gases are passing through fire tubes and heating up the DHW (Domestic Hot Water) which is inside a stainless steel tank with corrugated walls.
ARTO HN type hot water boilers are suitable for all traditional oil and gaseous fuels.
The absolutely modern and sophisticated design of that product has managed to achieve
- No lime - scale build up
- No need for cathode protection
No lime - scale build up
As is well known lime - scale build up is the most common problem of all boilers (mainly those with immersed heat exchangers).
- The internal tank (DHW) is made of stainless steel. The smooth surface of stainless steel walls prevents the forming of scale, but this itself cannot solve the problem of liming.
- The immersed cylinder of DHW is corrugated all over its length.
- The immersed cylinder of DHW is ‘’hanged’’ from the upper bottom of the heater. This allows the free expansion and contraction during the heating cycles.
Thus, the DHW tank remains free from scaling for a long period with a constant efficiency.
No need for cathode protection
Since the internal tank (DHW) is made of stainless steel, there is no more need of cathode protection (sacrificed anode).
- A carefull design achieves minimum flue gas losses and various special features are reducing the fuel consumption.
- The corrugated walls of the inner tank offer much bigger heating surface in comparison with plain wall heaters of the same dimensions.
- The corrugated walls of the inner tank withstand high pressures
- Large heat transfer surface enables a high volume of DHW to be heated in a short time
- Constant efficiency
- Convenient when there is limited space
Sophisticated design turbulators force smoke gases to follow a whirling path, which increases the heat transfer due to convection.
Maximum heat absorption is obtained.
High quality insulation
Low heat losses through high density mineral wool protected by :
- D.C.P metal sheets, coloured in blue
- Aluminium, stucco type metal sheets
Electrical control panel
The electrical control panel of the boiler consists of the following:
- General switch
- Burner switch
- Circulator thermostat
- Thermostat for burner function
- Safety Thermostat for burner
Useful Tips for Installation & Operation
- When filling the heater with water, beware that you first fill the internal cylinder (DHW) and then the external (Primary Heating Water)
- Fit a safety valve below the inner tanks maximum working pressure
- Fit a non-return valve to DHW cold inlet
- Don’t forget to install an expansion vessel to the primary heating circuit (return)
- Don’t forget to connect the inner tank to the earth.
Hot water should not be stored at temperatures below 60 °C , so as to avoid the risk of Legionella.
ARTEMIS has made a simple electronic panel that provides protection against Legionella. The temperature of the sanitary water rises periodically at 75 °C for 10 minutes. Then the system returns to the initial situation.